Friday, September 23, 2016

Fetal 2d Echo at 30 weeks and 6 days

I transferred to a different doctor last September 13th, who specializes in Perinatology. She asked me if I've already done a Fetal 2d Echo. I told her I haven't and that I've done the Congenital Anomaly Scan (CAS) which turned out perfectly. She told me that she requires all her diabetic pregnant patients to do this test at 27-29 weeks because poorly controlled diabetes can damage the baby's heart vessels but she also explained that it's only for good measure, not that she saw anything wrong with my baby's heart in the regular ultrasound.

When I finished the CAS in July, I felt so relieved but being asked to do the Fetal 2d Echo made me frightened for my baby once again. My doctor told me that the Fetal 2d Echo is more detailed and precise at gauging the health of my baby's heart and so I had to do it. I was scheduled on September 21st at 30 weeks and 6 days since that's the clinic's earliest and only available slot.

We started at 2:15 pm and was asked to take a break at 2:45 pm because my baby was moving a lot, making it hard for the doctor to get a clear view of his heart.

At around 4:05 pm, we resumed and got a few good shots but was asked to take a break once more. My baby is acting up real bad, taking all sorts of somersaults in there. At past 4:30 pm, my doctor came back and I told her that the baby is still moving a lot. So she just asked me to come back on Saturday, September 24th at 3:30 pm.

The doctor told me that we're done with about 70% of the test and so far, everything looks normal. But she has to finish the remaining 30% because it's a vital part of the test and she needs to see it.

I'm scheduled to come back tomorrow. I hope and pray that my baby cooperates this time and that his heart is perfectly fine.

Although not included in the fee, she threw in a 3d ultrasound of my baby's face and printed one photo for me. I've already done the 3d scan last September 4th at a different clinic. Had I know that I'd be given a free photo, I wouldn't have gone ahead and paid for a separate 3d scan earlier. But how was I to know, right?

My baby looks chubbier now than how he looked at 28 weeks and 3 days. Here's the comparison of the two scans:

Baby at 28 weeks and 3 days

Baby at 30 weeks and 6 days


I'm just so eager to hold my baby in my arms. November, please come sooner!!! :)

1 comment:

Delhi Fetal Heart Center said...

This piece of work you have written is very nice. I would like to read it again and again. Delhi Fetal Heart Center is specialized fetal echocardiogram center in New Delhi doing fetal echo test at a reasonable rate. This test is done to assess the heart structure of the unborn to diagnose heart abnormalities with unborn.